The Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science strives to improve health care through innovation, collaboration, and advocacy to achieve excellence in pharmacy education, practice, and research.
The Department of Pharmacy Practice & Science is dedicated to advancing pharmacy practice through education, research, leadership and advocacy.
We shape the future of pharmacy by:
- Translating research discoveries and pharmacy practice innovations into exemplary patient care
- Preparing leaders in education, research, service and clinical practice
- Delivering nationally recognized training programs
- Engaging practitioners and scientists to join us as partners in improving public health
We will be the pre-eminent department of pharmacy practice that sets the standard in addressing the challenges of a dynamic healthcare environment.
The primary goals of the Department of Pharmacy Practice & Science are to:
- Produce strong leaders, educators, practitioners and scholars
- Develop and enhance innovative pharmacy practice models and advocate for the incorporation of these models into the standard of care
- Advocate for the recognition of, and compensation for, pharmacist-directed services
- Foster and expand our nationally recognized post-graduate programs
- Develop and evaluate effective innovative instructional methodologies in pharmacy education
- Cultivate an environment of student-centered instruction and life-long learning
- Build pre-eminent programs in clinical and translational research utilizing collaborative, practice-based research