The minimum requirements that each student must meet to receive the MS in Pharmaceutical Health Services Research (PHSR) are outlined below.
The MS in PHSR is designed to be completed in two years. To receive a master’s degree, students must successfully complete select required courses – which include a group of core graduate courses in pharmaceutical health services research, research methods, and statistics – as well as six (6) credits of advanced courses in their chosen research area.
Some students might be required to take additional courses as deemed appropriate by the program director. In particular, students without strong computer programming skills may need elective courses.
To graduate, students must complete at a minimum:
Required Core Curriculum (22 credits)
- PHSR 610 Pharmacy, Drugs and the Health Care System (3 credits)
- PHSR 631 Computing and Analytic Methods for Observational
Studies (3 credits)
- PHSR 650 CER & Pharmacoeconomics I (3 credits)
- PHSR 701 Research Methods I (3 credits)
- PHSR 704 Pharmacoepidemiology (3 credits)
- PREV 600 Principles of Epidemiology (3 credits)
- PREV 619 Introduction to SAS (1 credit)
- PREV 620 Introduction to Biostatistics (3 credits)
Advanced Coursework (12 credits)
Copyright © 2017 University of Maryland School of Pharmacy