Applications for the MS in Pharmaceutical Health Services Research (PHSR) program are due February 1 for admission to the upcoming fall semester. Applications are only accepted for the fall semester.
Applicants to the MS in PHSR program should possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Applicants without a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (BSPharm) or a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) will be considered, as students can be successful in the program without previous pharmacy education and/or experience.
All applicants must submit the following materials to be considered for admission:
- An official transcript from any undergraduate and graduate schools attended, mailed to the Graduate School at:
University of Maryland, Baltimore
620 West Lexington Street, 5th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (mailed directly to the Graduate School). Please use code 5848 for the Graduate School.
- Three letters of recommendation submitted electronically.
- Curriculum Vitae submitted to phsr-MS@rx.umaryland.edu. Please put in subject line "CV: [Last Name], [First Name]".
- Essay describing your academic goals and research interests submitted electronically to phsr-MS@rx.umaryland.edu. Students should indicate on their essay a track or specialization of interest from the list below:
- Comparative Effectiveness and Patient-Centered Outcomes Research: Research that compares different health care and treatment approaches to help patients and providers make more informed decisions.
- Pharmaceutical Policy: Local, state, and national policies governing the development, provision, and use of medications within a health care system.
- Pharmacoeconomics: Trade-offs in health outcomes and costs associated with the use of therapies, devices, and adherence programs.
- Pharmacoepidemiology: Prevalence and use of pharmaceuticals in large populations as well as the health outcomes associated with medication utilization.
Faculty research interests can be found here.
- International Students Only: TOEFL or IELTS scores, minimum 550 for pbt (paper-based TOEFL), or 80 for ibt (internet-based TOEFL). The minimum acceptable IELTS score is 7. Results should be sent to the Graduate School using code 5848 for the Graduate School.
- Application for admission can be found online. Click here to apply. Application Fee of $75 must be paid with a credit card during the online application process.
For More Information:
All applicants must satisfy the general requirements of the Graduate School before consideration for admission to the program. For more information about the Graduate School Admission criteria, visit the website.