The School of Pharmacy may accept transfer students who have a valid reason for requesting a transfer. Transfer students will be placed in the first year of the PharmD program.
Some courses may be waived based on the coursework completed. Transfer students are only admitted to the fall semester, and must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in current pharmacy coursework.
Transfer applicants are those who are currently enrolled in a professional pharmacy program at an accredited school or college of pharmacy. Transfer applicants must be in good academic standing at the institutions they are currently attending.
To apply to the School of Pharmacy as a transfer student, follow these steps and complete by the deadline of January 5, 2015:
- Submit a Transfer Application and $105.00 transfer application fee plus the $45 supplemental fee. The fees must be paid via a check or money order made payable to the University of Maryland. Do not apply via PharmCAS.
- Submit a list of courses you are currently enrolled in.
- Submit a letter stating the reason for transferring.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a pharmacy faculty.
- Submit an official copy of all transcripts from the pharmacy school you are currently enrolled in, and all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Submit the results of the PCAT, if previously taken. If your current school did not require the PCAT, then it is not necessary for you to take it.
- Complete the online Supplemental Application. On the application, enter the code TRANSFER as your PharmCAS Identificatiln number, and enter the date you complete the allication as the PharmCAS Application Completion Date.
- After you have completed your supplemental application, send the documents above and application fee to:
University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
20 North Pine Street, Suite S722
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
- All applicants considered for admissions will be invited for an interview.
Copyright © 2015 University of Maryland School of Pharmacy