Applications are due December 1 for admission in the upcoming fall semester. Applicants are only accepted for the fall semester.
Applicants to the Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmaceutical Health Services Research should possess a bachelor's or master's degree from an accredited college or university. Applicants without a bachelor of science in pharmacy or a doctor of pharmacy degree will be considered as students can be successful in the program with no previous pharmacy related education and/or experience.
All applicants must submit the following materials to be considered for admission:
- One official transcript from your undergraduate and graduate schools mailed to the Graduate School at:
University of Maryland, Baltimore
620 West Lexington Street, 5th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (mailed to the Graduate School). Please use code 5848 for the Graduate School.
- Three letters of recommendation submitted electronically.
- Curriculum Vitae submitted to email@example.com. Please put in subject line "CV: [Last Name], [First Name]".
- Essay describing your academic goals and research interests submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students should indicate on their essay a track or specialization of interest from the list below:
- Pharmacoeconomics: Trade-offs in health outcomes and costs associated with the use of therapies, devices, and adherence programs.
- Pharmacoepidemiology: Prevalence and use of pharmaceuticals in large populations as well as the health outcomes associated with medication utilization.
- Pharmaceutical Policy: Local, state, and national policies governing the development, provision, and use of medications within a health care system.
- Health Behavior: Socio-behavioral factors that affect the use of medicines, as well as the health care decision making process.
- International Students Only: TOEFL or IELTS scores, minimum 550 for pbt (paper-based TOEFL), or 80 for ibt (internet-based TOEFL). The minimum acceptable IELTS score is 7. Results should be sent to the Graduate School using code 5848 for the Graduate School.
- Application for admission can be found online. Click here to apply. Application Fee of $50 must be paid with a credit card during the online application process.
For More Information:
All applicants must satisfy the general requirements of the Graduate School before consideration for admission to the program. For more information about the Graduate School Admission criteria, visit the website.
Copyright © 2014 University of Maryland School of Pharmacy