Application deadline for fall entry is January 15. Please plan accordingly to ensure receipt of all required documents by the deadline.
Admissions Criteria and Process:
- Online application – Submit completed online application through the UMB Graduate school.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from a comparable foreign institution. Our program favors applicants with a BA, BS, or MS degree in the areas of biology, biochemistry, chemistry, engineering, molecular biology, pharmacy, and pharmaceutical sciences. Other related degrees will also be considered.
- Official transcripts - The minimum academic standard for full admission to the Graduate School is a B average, or 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- GRE scores should preferably meet the minimum scores of 153 verbal, 153 quantitative, and 4.0 for analytical writing. Please send official scores using code 5848 for the Graduate School and 0613 for the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Statement of Academic Goals and Research Interests submitted through email directly (.doc or .pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org, SUBJECT LINE: Academic Goals and Research Interests. We recommend that you indicate which research faculty and areas of research interest you.
- CV/Resume submitted through email directly (.doc or .pdf) to email@example.com, SUBJECT LINE: CV/Resume for Application.
- 3 letters of recommendation - Preferably from professors or others who can attest to the quality of your academic performance and scholastic potential. Applicants must send this URL http://cf.umaryland.edu/graduate/letter_of_recommendation/ to recommenders to complete the online recommendation form.
International Applicants - In addition to the above mentioned criteria, international applicants should submit:
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores - Applicants whose native language or language of the home is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. The minimum acceptable TOEFL score for admission is 550 for paper-based tests, 213 for computer-based tests, 80 for the internet-based tests. IELTS test takers must score no less than Band 7 (total). For TOEFL: Please send official scores using code 5848 for the Graduate School and department code 47 for Pharmacy.
- International applicants must provide one (1) official transcript in English and one (1) official native language transcript or mark sheets from each college or university attended. Each set of documents must list subjects studied, grades or marks received, and rank in class or division.
- Additional information for international applicants is available on the Graduate School webpage.
Additional information on application guidelines can be found on the UMB Graduate School website.
All application documents mailed should be sent to the UMB Graduate School:
University of Maryland, Baltimore Graduate School
620 West Lexington Street, 5th Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Copyright © 2016 University of Maryland School of Pharmacy