The Thermo Orbitrap Fusion mass spectrometer combines a quadrupole, Orbitrap, and linear ion trap technology in a Tribrid architecture.
This instrument is equipped with:
- Up to 450,000 resolution (FWHM at m/z 200)
- CID, HCD, ETD detected by the Ion Trap or Orbitrap at any level of MSn for maximum experimental flexibility
- Accurate mass: < 3 ppm (external calibration); < 1 ppm (internal calibration)
- Fast polarity switching
- APCI, ESI, HESI, and Nanospray ionization probes
- NanoLC system
- Multi-stage tandem MS (MSn)
This unique high-resolution, hybrid platform is ideal for complex proteomic-based projects, yet is amenable to a variety of other biomolecules including discovery-based metabolomics and lipidomics.