Suggested Readings for Assisted Living Facilities
- American Society on Aging & American Society of Consultant Pharmacists: ADULT MEDUCATION – Improving medication adherence in older adults
- MTMS and the Million Dollar Question: Who will ALF Residents Benefit? [PDF] by Richard Stefanacci
- Primer for Medication Management: What Practitioners need to Know [PDF] by Joanne Kaldy
- START (screening tool to alert doctors to the right treatment) - an evidence-based screening tool to detect prescribing omissions in elderly patients by P. J. Barry, P. Gallagher, C. Ryan, and D. O’Mahony
- STOPP (Screening Tool of Older Persons’ potentially inappropriate Prescriptions): application to acutely ill elderly patients and comparison with Beers’ criteria by Paul Gallagher and Denis O’Mahony
- Mitty E, Flores S. Assisted living nursing practice: Medication management: Part one assessing the resident for self-medication ability. Geriatr Nurs. March-April 2007;28(2):83-9.
- Mitty E, Flores S. Assisted living nursing practice: Medication management: Part two supervision and monitoring of medication administration by unlicensed assisted personnel. Geriatr Nurs. May-June 2007;28(3):153-60.
- Zimmerman S, Love K, Sloane PD, Cohen LW, Reed D, Carder PC, et al. Medication administration errors in assisted living: Scope, characteristics, and the importance of staff training. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011;59(6):1060-8.