Suggested Readings for Community Dwelling
- START (screening tool to alert doctors to the right treatment) — an evidence-based screening tool to detect prescribing omissions in elderly patients by P. J. Barry, P. Gallagher, C. Ryan, and D. O'Mahony.
- STOPP (Screening Tool of Older Persons’ potentially inappropriate Prescriptions): application to acutely ill elderly patients and comparison with Beers’ criteria by Paul Gallagher and Denis O'Mahony.
- Benner J, Kocot S. Medicare part D: Good for patients and an opportunity for pharmacists. JMCP. 2009;15(1):66-70.
- Hutchison L, Jones S, West D, Wei J. Assessment of medication management by community-living elderly persons with two standardized assessment tools: A cross-sectional study. The American Journal of Geriatric Pharmacotherapy. 2006;4(2):144-53.
- Neuman P, Cubanski J. Medicare part D update — lessons learned and unfinished business. New Engl J Med [Internet]. 2009 July 23, 2009;361(4):April 5, 2010. Available from: www.nejm.org.
- Pellegrino A, Martin M, Tilton J, Touchette D. Medication therapy management services: Definitions and outcomes.Drugs. 2009;69(4):393-406.