Preceptors are full-time, part-time, or volunteer faculty or practitioners (usually pharmacists) who serve as practitioner-educators for the Experiential Learning Program (ELP).
Preceptors oversee students in introductory and advanced pharmacy practice experiences, which meet specific curricular outcomes. Exemplary preceptors are role model practitioners and effective teachers, who encourage self-directed learning with constructive feedback to student pharmacists.
We are looking for individuals who enjoy teaching, seek to give back to the profession, desire to share expertise, and may serve as student mentors.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE PAGE BEFORE STARTING THE APPLICATION PROCESS. PLEASE ALSO ENSURE YOU CAN COMMIT TO THE MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION.
Application Deadline Dates:
- Applications received between Dec. 2 – Mar. 15
Preliminary appointments on or about Mar. 31
- Applications received between Mar. 16 – June 15
Preliminary appointments on or about June 30
- Applications received between June 16 – Sept. 15
Preliminary appointments on or about Sept. 30
- Applications received between Sept. 16 – Dec. 1
Preliminary appointments on or about Dec. 15
**PLEASE READ ENTIRE SECTION BEFORE CLICKING ON LINK**
To Apply, You Must:
- Be available to precept students during the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 academic year. Please Note: To receive students for the upcoming year, you must apply by Dec. 1.
- Have at least one year of experience in the field
- Have a current Curriculum Vitae (CV), including job responsibilities, to upload with your application.
- Complete the online preceptor application (Part 1 and Part 2: "Preceptor Application Questions"). Please Note: You will need a "sign up code" to complete the application. Please enter the code that pertains to you from one of the boxes below.
- Complete the FERPA requirement, which will be completed at the time of submitting an application.
- Complete two hours of required University of Maryland School of Pharmacy Online Modules. (Please Note: An eamil will come from the ELP office with instructions after applications has been approved. Please refer to the application deadline and approval dates.)
- Complete new preceptor orientation with an ELP staff member.
The online preceptor application is available to complete here. BE SURE TO USE THE APPLICABLE CODE TO ACCESS YOUR APPLICATION.
- Johns Hopkins prospective preceptors, please enter the code JOHNSHOPKINS
- International prospective preceptors, please enter the code INTERNATIONAL
- All Other prospective preceptors, please enter the code PRECEPTORCODE
Please Note: You must meet the following requirements to receive a full approval, "Clinical Faculty" appointment from the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy.