The COVID-19 global pandemic has resulted in numerous changes to the School of Pharmacy's operations, but our faculty, staff, students, and alumni have continued their important work on the frontlines and behind-the-scenes, working alongside other health care professionals to care for patients, pioneer new therapeutics, and support their local communities.
UMSOP Status Update:
Through the Spring 2021 semester:
- Classes: Conducted remotely, with very limited in-person laboratories for PharmD students
- Experiential Rotations: Dependent on rotation site; contact email@example.com for details
- Events: Hosted virtually
- Employees: Telework through June 1; follow UMB's Updated Telework Policy
- Universities at Shady Grove: See Updates on COVID-19
Links to the most recent communications from the School of Pharmacy to faculty, staff, students, and trainees are provided here.
- Jan. 29, 2021: Spring Graduation and Extension of Telework
To see older communications sent by the School, please visit the Letters from the Dean archive.
The UMB COVID-19 Recovery website features important information about the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on University operations. Faculty, staff, students, and community members are encouraged to visit the site for answers to frequently asked questions about COVID-19; critical letters, guidances, and announcements from University leadership; and other important campus resources.Explore the UMB COVID-19 Recovery Website
UMSOP Stories from the Frontlines:
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, School of Pharmacy faculty, staff, students, and alumni have worked tirelessly on the frontlines and behind-the-scenes to treat patients, advance research, and support their communities.
Explore the links below to read their stories of expertise, influence, and impact.
- In the Clinic: Faculty and students continue to work alongside other frontline health care professionals to care for patients during this unprecedented time, developing guidelines for the therapeutic treatment of COVID-19 patients and administering COVID-19 vaccines.
- In the Lab: Research being conducted by faculty across all three departments is helping to advance treatments for COVID-19 and providing clinicians and researchers alike with a better understanding of the virus's impact on communities across the state of Maryland and beyond.
- In the Community: Faculty, staff, students, and alumni have stepped up to assist their local communities during the COVID-19 pandemic, volunteering their time to sew face masks, assemble 3D-printed face shields, and assist local charitable organizations.
Our School of Pharmacy community has responded to the challenges presented by the global COVID-19 pandemic, contributing through education, research, practice, and community initiatives. To help showcase these initiatives, we ask our faculty, staff, students, and alumni to share with us their stories of expertise, influence, and impact. Stories may be featured on School of Pharmacy websites and social media, and in publications.Submit Your COVID-19 Response Story