Please continue to check this webpage for details, as it will be updated with the most current information about any impact to School of Pharmacy operations.
If you’re concerned about your health, contact a care provider. To make an appointment at UMaryland Immediate Care, call 667-214-1899.
Explore the inspirational stories shared by faculty, staff, students, and alumni at the School of Pharmacy who are going above and beyond to support their family and friends, colleagues, and communities during the COVID-19 pandemic.Read the Stories Now
Links to the most recent communications from the School of Pharmacy to faculty, staff, students, and trainees are provided here. To see older communications sent by the School, please visit the Letters from the Dean archive.
- June 11, 2020: Plan for UMSOP's Fall 2020 Semester
Guidance and Letters to the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) Community:
Visit the UMB Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) website to view guidances and letters to the UMB community shared by UMB Interim President Bruce Jarrell, MD, FACS.
Interim President Bruce E. Jarrell, MD, FACS, delivers a video message on how the UMB community must adapt, work together, and move forward during the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
Our top priority at this time is to remain as healthy as possible by utilizing good prevention practices, per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the University of Maryland Medical Center:
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Maintain social distances of at least 6 feet.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Use a 60% (or more) alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Wear a cloth face covering in public settings where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.