The MS in Medical Cannabis Science and Therapeutics is soliciting proposals from experts on topics relevant to medical cannabis for two symposiums in Fall 2020. Proposals are due July 10, 2020.
UPDATE (6/4/2020): Both symposiums will now be conducted virtually (online). If your proposal is selected, we will work with you to adapt your proposal to an online format. Logistics regarding the date/time, and delivery of content will be forthcoming.
The MS in Medical Cannabis Science and Therapeutics program is hosting two symposiums this fall for current students and is seeking proposals for formal presentations, panel presentations, and workshops.
The purpose of these events is to bring students together to learn from experts in the field, engage with each other and network with professionals in the field. Please consider the following when completing your proposal:
- Due to the continued impact of COVID-19, the symposiums will be taking place virtually, rather than at the Universities at Shady Grove in Rockville, MD. Logistics regarding the symposium are being developed and will be forthcoming.
- Submissions appropriate for a beginner or general audience will be considered for our first-year class (Class of 2022) symposium. Submissions that are more in-depth or advanced will be considered for our second-year class (Class of 2021) symposium. No financial compensation is provided to speakers for their participation in the symposium.
- Sessions must avoid highlighting commercial products. Programming that includes reference to commercially available products or services must include a fair balance for other resources in the same category.
- Proposals should be complete and as descriptive as possible in order to be fairly reviewed.
- Proposals will be reviewed by a selection panel against criteria that include the relevance of the topic to students, the unique nature of the content and other factors. Not all proposals will be accepted. Acceptance notifications will be sent in early August.
Click the button below to submit your proposal for a formal presentation, panel presentation, or workshop for one of the MS in Medical Cannabis Science and Therapeutics program's fall symposiums.Submit a Proposal Now
For More Information:
For questions or more information, please contact program manager Leah Sera, PharmD, MA, BCPS, at firstname.lastname@example.org.