The application deadline for Fall 2023 is June 1, 2023.
|Application Deadlines: Fall 2023|
|June 1, 2023||Online application and fee must be submitted, and supplemental items must be received and processed. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted to be considered for conditional acceptance.|
|August 1, 2023||Official transcripts must be received and processed or acceptance will be cancelled.|
Prospective students interested in applying to the MS in Medical Cannabis Science and Therapeutics program should possess the following:
- Interest in a career in the medical cannabis industry.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Ability to travel to the Universities at Shady Grove in Rockville, Md., once per semester (Fall and Spring) for required symposia.**
- Preferred minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) and overall quality of academic transcripts.
* This program is not eligible for F-1 or J-1 student visa sponsorship by the University of Maryland, Baltimore due to the amount of online courses. Please Note: For-credit study is prohibited in visitor visa status (i.e., B-1, B-2, ESTA/Visa Waiver Program). Please visit the Office of International Services website and contact them for more information.
* All eligible University of Maryland Baltimore faculty, students, and staff who will be on campus must be vaccinated against COVID-19. Students must be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks or more past your final dose) by the time they arrive on campus for the symposium. More information on the COVID-19 vaccine for UMB students is available here.
- Interested applicants must start an online application here
- Once applicants have started their application, applicants then must fill-out the application form and pay the $75 non-refundable application fee
- After applicants have submitted the form and paid the fee, then they will be able to upload their application materials (transcripts, essay, resume/CV, etc.) to their application and request recommendations.
- If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the table below for the required materials needed for the application process:
|Supporting Materials Needed for Application|
Unofficial transcripts (transcripts submitted by the applicant) are accepted for review purposes. An unofficial transcript from each college or university that you are currently attending, or you previously attended must be provided. Official transcripts (transcripts sent directly from the institution) are only required once an applicant is admitted into the program and plans to enroll. The admissions office accepts both mail and electronic official transcripts. Official transcripts must be received by the University no later than August 1, 2023.
When selecting where to have your electronic transcripts sent via a transcript encryption service, you can choose one of the following services. Please search for UMB using the specific format below as search engines are case sensitive:
Parchment: University of Maryland, Baltimore
Please provide three (3) recommendations from professors or others who can attest to the quality of your academic performance, scholastic potential and other non-cognitive factors. Your recommendations are managed by the online application; you will need the email addresses of your recommenders for this process.
|Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)||
Your resume or CV may be uploaded as part of your online application (please make sure you ‘submit’ the online application form first).
Your essay may be uploaded as a supplemental item to the online application (please make sure you ‘submit’ the online application form first). The statement should be between 300 to 500 words and should indicate why you intend to enroll in this program and what you expect to get out of this program. Please indicate in your Statement that you are applying for the Master of Science (MS) in Medical Cannabis Science and Therapeutics.
|English Language Proficiency||
International applicants must take either the TOEFL or IELTS and achieve a minimum, total score of 80 on the internet-based test on the TOEFL; or, a minimum, total score of 7 on the IELTS. We do not accept Duolingo scores in lieu of the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
**PLEASE BE ADVISED that all students are required to travel to the Universities at Shady Grove in Rockville, Md., once per semester (Fall and Spring)**
|Graduate Record Examination (GRE)||
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test is not required for submission.
For Questions and More Information
For any questions regarding the online application process and submission of your supplemental materials, please contact us at email@example.com or 410-706-8056.