Applications for the MS in Medical Cannabis Science and Therapeutics are now being accepted for Fall 2020. The application deadline is April 15, 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: While the MS in Medical Cannabis Science and Therapeutics offers a rolling admissions process, the Admissions Committee will not begin reviewing applications for Fall 2020 until the start of the new year.
Prospective students interested in applying to the MS in Medical Cannabis Science and Therapeutics program should possess the following:
- Interest in a career in the medical cannabis industry.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Ability to travel to the Universities at Shady Grove in Rockville, Md., once per semester (Fall and Spring) for required symposia.
- Preferred minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) and overall quality of academic transcripts.
Applications for admission to the MS in Medical Cannabis Science and Therapeutics program are evaluated on the basis of the following:
- Completion of the online application. Please follow the instructions for completing the application and providing supplemental items here.
Supporting materials are required as part of your application review. Please submit the online application before sending your supporting materials or supplemental items.
- Transcripts – An official transcript from each college or university that you are currently attending or you previously attended must be provided in a sealed envelope by the sending institution. Electronic transcripts from University System of Maryland institutions are accepted in lieu of sealed, paper transcripts.
Transcripts (U.S. only) may also be provided through one of the following transcript clearinghouse services:
Please have your transcripts sent to:
University of Maryland, Baltimore
The Graduate School
620 W. Lexington St., Suite 5110
Baltimore, MD 21201
Official electronic transcripts may be sent directly from your degree-granting institution to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recommendations – Please provide three (3) recommendations from professors or others who can attest to the quality of your academic performance, scholastic potential and other non-cognitive factors. Your recommendations are managed by the online application; you will need the email addresses of your recommenders for this process.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) – Your resume or CV may be uploaded as part of your online application (please make sure you ‘submit’ the online application form first).
- Essay – Your essay may scanned and uploaded as a supplemental item to the online application (please make sure you ‘submit’ the online application form first). The statement should be between 300 to 500 words and should indicate why you intend to enroll in this program and what you expect to get out of this program. Please indicate in your Statement that you are applying for the Master of Science (MS) in Medical Cannabis Science and Therapeutics.
- English Language Proficiency – International applicants must take the TOEFL or IELTS and achieve a minimum, total score of 100 on the internet-based test (or 600, pbt) on the TOEFL; or, a minimum, total score of 8 on the IELTS. **PLEASE BE ADVISED that all students are required to travel to the Universities at Shady Grove in Rockville, Md., once per semester (Fall and Spring)**
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test is not required.
To apply for the MS in Medical Cannabis Science and Therapeutics program, students must submit a completed application form, official test scores (not copies), official transcripts, and other supporting documentation, as outlined below:
- Official transcripts
- Resume or CV
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for international applicants
- Three Recommendations
- Essay/Statement of Interests and Goals in Medical Cannabis Science and Therapeutics
Questions or More Information:
For more information regarding the online application process and submission of your supplemental materials, please contact the University of Maryland Graduate School Admissions Office at email@example.com or (410) 706-7131.