Information about prerequisite requirements for the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy is provided below.
The School of Pharmacy requires sixty-five (65) credits of prerequisite coursework prior to matriculation in the Fall. Courses can be in progress while applying.
- Credits are accepted from any accredited community college or universities.
- Prerequisites must have a minimum grade of C-
- Online credits accepted.
- Recent science courses should be within five (5) years of applying.
- International credits can be counted towards our prerequisite credits. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a transcript evaluation service and submitted to PharmCAS.
- International applicants must complete at least one semester of coursework (12 credits) at an accredited institution in the U.S.
- Review our international applicant webpage for more details.
|Biology (with Lab)||8|
|Microbiology (with Lab)||4|
|General Chemistry (with Lab)||8|
|Organic Chemistry (with Lab)||8|
|Physics (with Lab)||4|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology||6|
|Humanities and Social Science||12|
|Speech, Communications, or Public Speaking||3|
The University of Maryland School of Pharmacy reserves the right to make changes in requirements for admission, curriculum, standards for advancement and graduation, fees, and rules and regulations.
Interested in learning more about the PharmD program at the School of Pharmacy? Request a program brochure with admissions material, or ask a question about the admissions process.Get More Information