The intent of this section is to provide resources that will be useful for practitioners working primarily in Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs).
- Geriatric Assessment Tools
- Tools to Assess Self Administration of Medication
- Assessing Anticholinergic Burden
- Centers for Excellence in Assisted Living
- General Resources
- Suggested Reading for Assisted Living Facilities
- Geri-Ed Programs
This webinar series was produced by the Geriatrics and Gerontology Education and Research Program at the University of Maryland Baltimore with funding from the Johns Hopkins Geriatrics Education Center Consortium. It received the Promoting Excellence in Assisted Living Award from the Centers of Excellence in Assisted Living Facilities (CEAL).
- Improved Medication Management in ALFs: A Pharmacists Perspective [ PDF ]
Presented by Nicole Brandt, PharmD, CGP, BCPP, FASCP
- Understanding Families' Roles in Medication Management [ PDF ]
Presented by Jackie Pinkowitz, MEd
NCAL's 2016 Assisted Living State Regulatory Review
This National Center for Assisted Living report reviews the different regulatory agencies for assisted living facilities in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia. It includes contact information for that agency, its definition of an assisted living facility, regulations on medication management, staffing requirements, training and education requirements, life safety, Medicaid policy and reimbursement, and much more.