Since its founding in 1841, the School has graduated many notable pharmapreneurs.
UMSOP Founding Pharmapreneurs
Learn about some of the notable pharmapreneurs who have been part of the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy's historic past.
Our Founding Pharmapreneurs include:
- George Avery Bunting, Class of 1899: Founder of Noxzema and Cover Girl Cosmetics
- John M. Gregory, BSP '76, DPS '02 (Honorary): Founder of King Pharmaceuticals
- Victoria Hale, BSP '83: 2006 MacArthur Foundation Genius Award Winner and Founder of Medicines360 and OneWorld Health
- Robert W. Henderson, BSP '63: Founder of Nutramax Laboratories
- Felix A. Khin-Maung-Gyi, BSP '83: Founder of Chesapeake Research Review, LLC
- Calvin Knowlton, PhD '93: Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Tabula Rasa Healthcare
- Alpheus Sharp, Class of 1842, and Louis Dohme, Class of 1857: Co-founders of Merck, Sharp, and Dohme
- Ellen H. Yankellow, PharmD '96, BSP '73: Founder of Correct Rx Pharmacy Services