The Center for Innovative Pharmacy Solutions (CIPS) at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy is the leader in delivering health care and business solutions that address critical health problems and challenges.
The solutions that we deliver work to optimize patients' medication management through our P3 clinical initiatives and programs, cutting-edge technology, program management and consulting services, training and education programs, and research.
This short video offers a detailed overview of CIPS and its works to address some of the world's greatest health care challenges through innovative clinical, education, and research programs.
Explore a selection of blog posts authored by CIPS team members for the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy's Inside SOP blog that showcase how the center stepped up for its patients and providers during the COVID-19 pandemic.Read the Stories
The programs and activities developed by CIPS deliver products and services that address medication-related gaps in health care and promote improved medication effectiveness at the patient, provider, and health system levels.
- Clinical Initiatives and Programs: The Patients, Pharmacists, Partnership (P3) Program® is the clinical initiative arm of CIPS, providing solutions that address chronic disease management, transitions in care, medication therapy management, and more.
- Technology: CIPS uses state-of-the-art technology to implement its programs and other activities, including electronic medical records systems (EPIC®, Cerner®, Athena®, and ThinkEHRx®), video conferencing software (Zoom®, Vidyo®, and Skype for Business), and instant messaging platforms (DocHalo®), which provide greater cost efficiency and improved clinical outcomes.
- Program Management and Consulting: CIPS provides expertise in leadership and strategic planning, enhancing efficiencies, optimizing performance, and driving sustainable results.
- Training and Education: CIPS and the P3 Program continue to train health care professionals, residents, fellows, students, and technicians in clinical care and administration.
- Research: CIPS implements and manages a number of research projects and contracts. We provide cutting-edge technology and experienced researchers trained in pharmacoeconomics, practice experiences, and research.
The P3 Program is the clinical initiative arm of CIPS, and provides unique, effective, and proven solutions to address a wide range of issues across the fields of chronic disease self-management and patient-centered health education.Learn How We Can Help You