The next information session will be Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2023, from 11-11:30 a.m. ET. This virtual info session will include a brief overview of the PhD in PHSR program and application process.Register Now
The PhD in PHSR program provides graduates with the theory, practical experience, and decision-making skills needed to address a wide range of pharmacy related problems.
The widespread use of medications in society has created a demand for individuals skilled in the evaluation of pharmaceutical services and interventions. The dynamic health care environment has created a number of critical factors that are constantly shaping and reshaping the health policies of the United States and countries around the world.
View this short video to learn more about what you can expect from your experience as a graduate student in the PhD in Pharmaceutical Health Services Research (PHSR) program.
Pharmaceutical services are a vital part of health care, and factors affecting health care inevitably impact on pharmacy, the pharmaceutical industry, and pharmacy practitioners.
Some of the factors that are of academic and research interest include the role of the federal and state governments in health care policy, third-party programs, drug utilization, cost containment, medication compliance, provision of pharmaceutical services, role of health practitioners, and diffusion of new technologies into the medical care setting.
The Department of Practice, Sciences, and Health Outcomes Research (P-SHOR) offers a number of benefits to students who enroll in the PhD in PHSR program.
- Competitive, fully funded financial support, including tuition remission, health insurance, and an annual stipend.
- Selective program with 12 faculty, eight post-doctoral fellows, and 27 graduate students.
- Research atmosphere is highly collegial, complementary, and collaborative.
- Dual degree opportunity between the Department of Practice, Sciences, and Health Outcomes Research (P-SHOR) and the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health (DEPH) that provides an opportunity for students in PHSR to augment their skills by adding more extensive training in epidemiologic methods.
- Prime location in the fourth largest biotechnology hub in the United States, located in close proximity to the NIH, CMS, FDA, and other research institutes and universities.
- Fellowships and awards presented to students, including American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education (AFPE) Fellowships and NIH (NRSA) Pre-Doctoral Fellowships.
- Travel support available for conferences where student presentations are accepted for presentation
- Strong industry interactions, including student internships.
- Graduates obtain highly-competitive positions in universities, the pharmaceutical industry, and government.
If you would like to receive more information about our program, please join our mailing list. It's the quickest, most convenient way for you to get the latest news and updates directly from the PhD in PHSR program.Sign Up Now