The University of Maryland School of Pharmacy leads pharmacy education, scientific discovery, patient care, and community engagement in the state of Maryland and beyond.
We will achieve our mission by:
- Inspiring excellence in our students through a contemporary curriculum, innovative educational experiences, and strategic professional relationships
- Advancing scientific knowledge across the spectrum of drug discovery, health services, and practice-based and translational research with significant focus on collaborative partnerships
- Expanding the impact of the pharmacist’s role on direct patient care and health outcomes
- Building and nurturing relationships with all members of our community
- Capitalizing on our entrepreneurial spirit to improve pharmaceutical research, practice, and education in Maryland, the nation, and the world
The five core values of the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy are:
- Respect, Integrity, and Professionalism: We nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff, students and patients and require the highest standards of personal ethics and professional conduct.
- Social Responsibility: Our major purpose is to contribute to the health and well-being of both individuals and society. We will seek to shape public policy and health promotion at all levels.
- Excellence: We seek quality and excellence in all of our endeavors.
- Diversity: We recognize the worth of all individuals and work to ensure diversity among our faculty, students, and staff.
- Leadership: We recognize our responsibility to lead in education, research, pharmaceutical care, and public service, and to nurture leadership within our students, faculty and staff.
We are proud to be critical thinkers, lifelong learners, and leaders who are sought for our expertise. We earn our reputation with the highest standards of personal ethics and professional conduct. Students and education are central to everything we do. We engage the community; together, we contribute to the improved health of society. We celebrate the distinctive talents of our faculty, staff, and students. We honor our traditions and advocate for dynamic changes in pharmacy practice, education, and research. We create the future of pharmacy.
Copyright © 2017 University of Maryland School of Pharmacy