In this section, the faculty and staff in the Pharmaceutical Research Computing (PRC) center at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy present a range topics to aid in manipulating and creating SAS datasets dealing with medical claims data, specifically pharmacy claims.
The focus of this section will be on SAS data step programming, used with basic SAS procedures, to give users the skills necessary to investigate, edit, and manage their data to create analytic files.
Keeping Datasets Efficient and Small:
- Why don’t I want to keep everything?
- Keeping the variables you want
- KEEP statement
- DROP statement
- KEEP= option
- DROP= option
- Keeping the observations you want
- IF Statement, subsetting
- DELETE Statement with IF
- WHERE= Data Set Option
- Creating formats
- Using PROC FORMAT with value statements
- Using a SAS data set
- Using formats
- FORMAT Statement
- PUT Function
Using the Output Delivery System:
- How Do I Create Variables and/or Datasets from My PROC Output?
- Identifying Output Variables
- Creating Temporary Datasets to Use in Your Program
- I Want to Put My SAS Output into an Excel Spreadsheet
- Using ODS to Send SAS Output to an Excel File
- Using ExcelXP Tagset Options
- Retaining Leading Zeros in Your Excel Table
- Using ODS to Create a Multi-sheet Excel Workbook