The Metallotherapeutics Research Center at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy has access to a variety of resources and instrumentation through affiliated centers and faculty members.
- The School of Pharmacy maintains a state-of-the-art Mass Spectrometry Center with 18 instruments dedicated to the identification of biomolecules such as proteins, glycans, lipids, metabolites and drug molecules. The center provides a variety of services including metallomics. The Center houses an Agilent 7700 Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometer equipped with LC and Laser ablation capabilities which allow for metal speciation and imaging in solutions, cells, and tissues.
- The Computer Aided Drug Center (CADD) provides collaborative opportunities for biologists to apply CADD approaches to their research programs. Efforts within CADD are largely focused on the identification of chemical compounds with the desired biological activity, together with structural optimization of the identified compounds to enhance their drug-like properties and efficacy.
- The Center of Excellence in Regulatory Science and Innovation (CERSI) is a collaborative partnership between the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy and the University of Maryland, College Park. It focuses on modernizing and improving the ways in which drugs and medical devices are reviewed and evaluated.
The University of Maryland School Pharmacy School also has available additional facilities, including:
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance NMR Facility
- Applied Pharmaceutics Lab (APhL)
- High Throughput Screening Facility: Equipped with two Beckman FXP Dual Multichannel Span-8 systems equipped with a MD SpectraMax M5e Multimode Plate Reader and Microplate hotel workstations
As well as the centers and facilities listed above, the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the School of Pharmacy has a strong biophysical instrumentation core with access to the following:
- 3 Akta FPLC Systems (one with multiple wavelength monitoring and with DLS capabilities)
- JASCO J-810 CD spectrophotometer with fluorescence and stopped flow capabilities
- Atomic Force Microscope (AFM) Asylum Research
- MFP3D-BIO Biacore3000 Surface Plasmon Resonance Instrument
- Beckman XLA Analytical Ultracentrifuge
- MicroCal Isothermal Titration Calorimeter
- ISS PC1 Photon Counting Spectrofluorometer with Vinci Software
- ISS K2 Steady State and Time-Resolved Spectrofluorometer with Vinci Software