Thank you for your interest in the AstraZeneca-University of Maryland Early Clinical Development Fellowship.
As a component of the fellowship application process, all students will be evaluated by the Executive Committee composed of AstraZeneca and University of Maryland School of Pharmacy staff, and are required to meet the following requirements.
Download the AstraZeneca-University of Maryland Early Clinical Development Fellowship brochure here.
- Applicant is in their 4th year and has achieved a grade point average of ≥ 3.0 (on 4.0 scale) during pharmacy school. Recent PharmD graduates (within 2 years) from University of Maryland may also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicant has conducted research in relevant scientific fields (includes toxicology, pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics, analytical chemistry, health services or pre- clinical/clinical).
- Applicant demonstrates sufficient communication (written and oral) skills as per prior curriculum requirements or presentation of prior research.
- Applicant has been conferred a PharmD by the start of the fellowship program (fellowship starts on the first week of July 2024).
Students will be evaluated by the Executive Committee composed of AstraZeneca and University of Maryland School of Pharmacy staff, and are required to submit the following documents:
- A one-page statement explaining career goals, research experiences, and interest in clinical research (please complete this below).
- A curriculum vitae that highlights clinical, research, and work experience.
- Maximum of two 2 professional letters (one required and one optional) of recommendations (either prior employer and or faculty) submitted confidentially via email. Letter of recommendation writers should email the letters of recommendation to the Office of the Associate Dean of Research & Graduate Education and Gray Kirby, PharmD using the instructions below.
- All materials must be submitted by Friday, December 1, 2023.
- Please send all required documents via email to BOTH:
- Office of the Associate Dean of Research & Graduate Education at email@example.com
- Gray Kirby, PharmD at firstname.lastname@example.org
All letters of recommendation must be sent from an institution or corporate email address. For all email correspondence, include in subject line — 2024 AstraZeneca Clinical Development Fellowship Application
Interested in applying for the AstraZeneca-University of Maryland Early Clinical Development Fellowship? Download and complete the fellowship application form here.Download the Application Form