Thank you for your interest in the AstraZeneca-University of Maryland Early Clinical Development Fellowship.
As a component of the fellowship application process, all students will be evaluated by the Executive Committee composed of AstraZeneca and University of Maryland School of Pharmacy staff, and are required to meet the following requirements.
- Applicant is in their fourth year at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy and has achieved a grade point average of ≥ 3.0 (on 4.0 scale) during pharmacy school.
- Applicant has conducted research in relevant scientific fields, including toxicology, pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics, analytical chemistry, health services, or pre- clinical/clinical.
- Applicant demonstrates sufficient communication (written and oral) skills as per prior curriculum requirements or presentation of prior research.
- Applicant has been conferred a PharmD by the start of the fellowship program (fellowship begins on the first week of July 2021).
Students will be evaluated by the Executive Committee composed of AstraZeneca and University of Maryland School of Pharmacy staff, and are required to submit the following documents:
- A one-page statement explaining career goals, research experiences, and interest in clinical research.
- A curriculum vitae that highlights clinical, research, and work experience.
- Maximum of two (2) optional professional letters of recommendations (either prior employer and or faculty) submitted confidentially via email. Letter of recommendation writers should email the letters of recommendation to the Office of the Associate Dean of Research & Graduate Education and Oday Hamid, PharmD, using the instructions provided in the application.
- All materials must be submitted by Friday, Nov. 27, 2020.
- Please send all required documents (i.e., application form, CV, and optional letters of recommendation) via email to BOTH:
- All letters of recommendation must be sent from an institution or corporate email address. For all email correspondence, include in subject line — 2021 AstraZeneca Clinical Development Fellowship Application.
Interested in applying for the AstraZeneca-University of Maryland Early Clinical Development Fellowship? Download and complete the fellowship application form here.Download the Application Form