The application deadline has been extended to April 15, 2023.
Prospective students interested in applying to the PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences program should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or an equivalent degree from a comparable foreign institution. Our program favors applicants with a degree in the areas of biology, biochemistry, chemistry, engineering, molecular biology, pharmacy, and pharmaceutical sciences. Other degrees will also be considered with the following coursework recommended with a grade of B or better: General Chemistry, General Biology, Calculus, Organic Chemistry, and Biochemistry.
- Preferred minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) and overall quality of academic transcripts
- Interested applicants must start an online application here
- Once applicants have started their application, applicants then must fill-out the application form and pay the $75 non-refundable application fee
- After applicants have submitted the form and paid the fee, then they will be able to upload their application materials (transcripts, essay, resume/CV, etc.) to their application and request recommendations.
- If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the table below for the required materials needed for the application process:
|Supporting Materials Needed for Application|
Unofficial transcripts (transcripts submitted by the applicant) are accepted for review purposes. An unofficial transcript from each college or university that you are currently attending, or you previously attended must be provided. Official transcripts (transcripts sent directly from the institution) are only required once an applicant is admitted into the program and plans to enroll. The admissions office accepts both mail and electronic official transcripts. Official transcripts must be received by the University no later than August 1, 2023.
Official electronic transcripts may be sent directly from your degree-granting institution to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When selecting where to have your electronic transcripts sent via a transcript encryption service, you must choose one of the following options. Please search for UMB using the specific format below as search engines are case sensitive:
Parchment: University of Maryland, Baltimore
International Applicants: International applicants must provide one (1) transcript in English and one (1) native language transcript or mark sheets from each college or university attended. Each set of documents must list subjects studied, grades or marks received, and rank in class or division. Unofficial transcripts are sufficient for the application review process. If admitted, an official transcript must be received prior to the start of the program.
Please provide three (3) recommendations from professors or others who can attest to the quality of your academic performance, scholastic potential and other non-cognitive factors. Your recommendations are managed by the online application; you will need the email addresses of your recommenders for this process.
|Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)||
Your resume or CV may be uploaded as part of your online application (please make sure you ‘submit’ the online application form first).
The essay should be between 300-500 words, address your academic and/or professional career goals, objectives in pursuing a graduate degree in pharmaceutical sciences, and indicate which areas of research interest you. Please make sure your name is on your essay and upload as a supplemental item to the online application.
|English Language Proficiency||
International applicants must take either the TOEFL or IELTS and achieve a minimum, total score of 80 on the internet-based test on the TOEFL; or, a minimum, total score of 7 on the IELTS. We do not accept Duolingo scores in lieu of the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
|Graduate Record Examination (GRE)||
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test is not required for submission.
For Questions and More Information
For any questions regarding the online application process and submission of your supplemental materials, please contact us at email@example.com or 410-706-8056.