Applications for the MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences (PSC) program are reviewed on a rolling basis. For best consideration, it is strongly recommended that you apply by March 15.
Applications will be accepted until May 1. Please plan accordingly to ensure receipt of all required documents by the deadline.
Admissions Criteria and Process
- Online application – Submit completed online application through the UMB Graduate School.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from a comparable foreign institution. Our program favors applicants with a degree in the areas of biology, biochemistry, chemistry, engineering, molecular biology, pharmacy, and pharmaceutical sciences. (Other degrees will also be considered with the following coursework recommended with a grade of B or better: General Chemistry, General Biology, Calculus, Organic Chemistry, and Biochemistry)
- Official transcripts – The minimum academic standard for full admission to the Graduate School is a B average, or 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Statement of Academic Goals and Research Interests and CV/Resume submitted through email directly (.doc or .pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org, SUBJECT LINE: MS Application Documents for (name). We recommend that you indicate which research faculty and areas of research interest you in your statement.
- 3 letters of recommendation – Preferably from professors or others who can attest to the quality of your academic performance and scholastic potential. Applicants must send recommenders to this URL http://cf.umaryland.edu/graduate/letter_of_recommendation/ to complete the online recommendation form. Recommenders may submit letters before an applicant's online application has been submitted.
International Applicants - In addition to the above mentioned criteria, international applicants should submit.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores - Applicants whose native language or language of the home is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. The minimum acceptable TOEFL score for admission is 550 for paper-based tests, 213 for computer-based tests, 80 for the internet-based tests. IELTS test takers must score no less than Band 7 (total). For TOEFL: Please send official scores using code 5848 for the Graduate School and department code 47 for Pharmacy.
- International applicants must provide one (1) official transcript in English and one (1) official native language transcript or mark sheets from each college or university attended. Each set of documents must list subjects studied, grades or marks received, and rank in class or division.
- Additional information for international applicants is available on the Graduate School webpage.
Additional information on application guidelines can be found on the UMB Graduate School website.
All application documents mailed should be sent to the UMB Graduate School:
University of Maryland, Baltimore Graduate School
620 West Lexington Street, 5th Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21201