The Experiential Learning Program oversees all structured educational opportunities in actual practice settings, under the supervision of and interaction with qualified preceptors.
The School has more than 740 preceptors in sites such as community pharmacies, hospitals, nursing homes, government agencies, and pharmaceutical companies. These experiences are categorized as Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPE) and Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPE).
Below is a list of the many APPE rotation sites offered by the Experiential Learning Program:
U.S. Rotation Sites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Children’s National Medical Center
- CVS Pharmacy
- Eli Lilly
- Food and Drug Administration
- Halethorpe Pharmacy
- Johns Hopkins Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente
- Procter and Gamble
- University of Maryland Medical Center
International Rotation Sites:
- Australia – The Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Egypt – Children’s Cancer Hospital
- India – Sri Ramachandra University
- Italy – University of Camerino
- Korea – EWHA Woman’s University
- Peru – Global Awareness Institute (GIA)
- Puerto Rico – University of Puerto Rico
- Thailand – Siam University
You can read about one student's experience completing an international rotation at the Royal Melbourne Hospital in Australia.
For More Information:
Explore the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) website for more information about experiential learning at the School of Pharmacy, or contact the Experiential Learning Program directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.